Wednesday 15 January 2014

Liebster Award


I have just received my first Liebster Award from Taylor of Lipsticks and Lavender - thank you! Having never received one before, I was interested in finding out more about the award. On researching it, I found that 'liebster' is the German word for 'like' or 'love,' and this award has a whole range of different rules that have been adapted through the years. The main gist of it, however, remains the same: helping promote new bloggers with a small following. I think this is a lovely idea and a great way for bloggers to interact with each other and commend people for their work.


Rules

1. Provide a link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Post 11 random facts about you
3. Answer 11 random questions set by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers for the award (excluding who nominated you)
5. Let the nominees know you have nominated them


... So with that cleared up, onto the post ...


11 Facts About Me

1. One day whilst cycling through Virginia Waters park with my brother we happened to stumble upon the entire Harry Potter cast, including Headwig and Buckbeak, filming The Prisoner of Azkaban.

2. I can speak English (no surprise), Urdu and Spanish.

3. I am overcoming my fear of dogs that stemmed from when an old woman let her vicious dog loose into my primary school when I was only 5. I used to have to cross the road if someone was walking past with their dog.

4. I love chocolate orange. My friends made me a chocolate orange cake for my birthday and I always receive Terry's chocolate orange from more than one person every birthday...

5. I always have my nails painted. I can't remember the last time I had bare nails.

6. At university I had the weirdest neighbour who always came out to say, 'hi' when he heard us leaving or returning. He also posted us his George Michael CD so that we could play it for him to hear, along with some eclairs...

7. I am really into psychology, discovering what makes us behave the way we do. I often read books on the subject with the most recent one being, 'Without Conscience,' by Robert D Hare. I bought this after watching Channel 4's Psychopath night.

8. I love tea... I am trying to make this a healthy habit by switching to green and herbal tea.

9. I have an addiction to fashion and lifestyle magazines that started when I was a teenager. Stemming from Girl Talk to Shout and now Cosmo to Harper's Bazaar. It was a sad day when my mum made me throw away my HUGE collection that I had accumulated but never read again.

10. I am still a child at heart with a love for all things classic Disney! My favourite being The Little Mermaid.

11. I love to draw. Mostly pencil sketches but for fashion illustrations I like to use watercolour also.


Blogger's Questions

1. What was your most used beauty product in 2013?
I literally never leave the house without Garnier Caffeine Anti-Dark Circles Eye Roll-On. Perfect for early morning tiredness.

2. What's the most worn item in your closet?
Probably my burgundy cardigan, I love the colour and it's a nice pop of colour onto any outfit.

3. What phone do you have?
Samsung Galaxy S3 - not been disappointed by it yet :)

4. What celeb would you love to spend the day with?
Nick Grimshaw, I love his radio show and find his ramblings hilarious.

5. What did you want to be when you were younger?
I wanted to be a singer or artist. I took singing lessons and learnt the keyboard and guitar but the art side came out on top.

6. What was the last thing you ate?
I ate a fruit salad - as healthy as it sounds it was only because my mum was trying to use up the fruit in the bowl!

7. What's your favourite TV show?
I loved My Mad Fat Diary. Very excited for the second series starting in Feb.

8. What do you order at Starbucks?
In winter I order the classic hot chocolate and in summer I love the strawberries and cream frappuccino. 

9. What's your favourite holiday?
My favourite holiday was Barcelona with my Art and Design foundation course. It involved getting lost in the city with my camera and sketchbook finding inspiration - a gorgeous city.

10. What is your favourite colour?
Burgundy. It is such a nice deep, rich colour.

11. What would be your ideal holiday?
I would love to travel to Japan. The culture and fashion is so different to here, I think it would be such an interesting place to visit.


My Questions for the Nominees

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What inspires you?
3. Where would you most like to visit?
4. Who is your favourite artist/designer and why?
5. What is your favourite book?
6. Name one of your favourite blogs with the most interesting posts to follow
7. What is your favourite beauty item?
8. What are 3 items you cannot live without?
9. What is your biggest fear?
10. Name something you are passionate about and why
11. What is your lifetime ambition?

Nominees

1. bellatula.blogspot.com
2. rosaliejayne.blogspot.com
3. fortheloveoffashion02.blogspot.com
4. eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk
5. luandkings.blogspot.co.uk
6. icantwearwhite.blogspot.se
7. paperdoll-chronicles.blogspot.com
8. whatshedoesnow.com
9. onlydopefashion.com
10. tangibletreasures.blogspot.co.uk
11. paulaelle.blogspot.co.uk

I would love to read your responses so let me know when your posts are up!

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment