Saturday 4 January 2014

Where to Find Creative Design Inspiration

The internet is a BIG place. So when it comes to finding inspiration for creative projects it can seem like a daunting task and you often have to trawl through irrelevant sites before stumbling upon something really inspiring. So I thought it would be a good idea to share some of my favourite websites with you:

1. Patternity
This website is one of my most recent finds and I absolutely love it! Great quality images of different patterns found around the world. As I was scrolling through I was prompted to sign up with my email address and then I was able to view the whole archive. I recommend this as I haven't been bombarded with any emails from them.
http://patternity.org/



2. This Is Glamorous
This is a design and lifestyle blog about the most glamourous of places and things. Beautiful photographs of luxury and exquisite design within decor, fashion, travel and food.
http://www.thisisglamorous.com/



Trendland delivers new ideas and style notes daily with some great imagery to go with it. Areas covered are fashion, design, photography, art, culture, music and video. I often discover new photographers and artists that I love here.




This website gives design inspiration for print, pattern and graphics as well as supplying fashion trend forecasts.




This tumblr is only a recent find but if you love colour you'll love this blog too. Charlotte posts pop-culture style, brightly coloured photographs with a very contemporary feel.




If you're into vintage illustrations this site is for you. OBI brings you beautiful illustrations from old ancient books.




Another new find, this blog is a source of creative and inspiring illustrations and artwork from a range of different artists.





An old favourite of mine, Trend Hunter is a great place to find even the most bizarre collection of images you could think of. A great site to use if you are searching for a particular style of photography or artwork, such as 'whimsical' or 'gothic.' It covers a large subject area from fashion and design through to technology, culture and ads. A great site to have a look through when stuck for inspiration.




I hope you have found this post useful and have discovered new websites to find creative research on :) And if anyone else has any great sites they know of, do let me know!
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment